Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Lord is compassion and love

Sometimes when I fall short of what it means to be a true daughter of the Almighty, it really tears me down. I often feel empty and everything in my life gets all muddled up and obscure. His Word tells us;

"Let your eyes look straight ahead
and your glance be directly forward.
Survey the path for your feet,
and let all your ways be sure.
Turn neither to right nor to left,
keep your foot far from evil."
                      -Proverbs 4:25-27

What do you do when you yield to temptation? What happens when you fail to listen to God's voice and you stray from Him and take matters into your own hands?
I know that God is never pleased when we succumb to temptation, especially if we already know Christ.


Often it's hard to ignore the voice in my head that's telling me that what I have done will never be forgiven, that I am a horrible Christian and that I he will never take me back because I am too tarnished for his holiness.


But that is a lie. The devil is a lie. It's important to remember that our Father is POWERFUL and MERCIFUL. 

"My soul, give thanks to the Lord,
all my being, bless His holy name.
My soul, give thanks to the Lord
and never forget all His blessings.

It is He who forgives all your guilt,
who heals every one of your ills,
who redeems your life from the grave,
who crowns you with love and compassion.

The Lord is compassion and love,
slow to anger and rich in mercy.
He does not treat us according to our sins
nor repay us according to our faults.

As far as the east is from the west
so far does he remove our sins.
As a father has compassion on his sons,
the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him."
                            -Psalms 103

When you sin, repent and be truly sorry for your sins. Try and avoid the occasions of sin that got you there in the first place. Remember that God is always there to cry to when it fills like temptation is winning over the will of your spirit. He WILL help you fight anything and everything that you cannot fight on your own. He WILL forgive you if you are truly repentant.

The Lord is Compassion and Love
We cannot celebrate the Lord of love without resolving to be more like Him; for we are built into Him like stones into a Temple erected to give glory to God. We belong to Him.

So be encouraged and keep your head up, striving to the one common goal; that is to be welcomed into the kingdom of God. If rain clouds come or the cold winds blow, the Lord goes before us and in our hearts we know that each new day is a gift from Him and a new chance to be the best that we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment