Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm loosening my grasp...

So exams are REALLY stressing me out right now. I am overwhelmed, I am overworked, I am brain-dead and I just want to give up...And with my toughest week coming up, I lost myself in work. I lost sight of the one thing that means the most to me, and that's the love of the Lord. 
The bible says in Luke 10:27; 


"And he answering said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."




I have to be honest with myself and admit that I failed miserably at that...I've been putting enormous priority on my work. I've had a few nervous meltdowns and I cried my eyes out because of the huge amount of studying that I have to do to even get remotely close to a pass.




But I've realized that I was going about it in the wrong way. Nothing in this world is worth anything if you lose sight of His Kingdom. I realized that to get back that wonderful, enriching peace that comes from His love, I have to deny myself and ask Him to take over all the areas of my life.


I'm useless without Him...He has given me everything I have, and what I am today is because of Him. Surely if He has gotten me THIS far in my academic life, He can surely help me overcome these challenging science papers. 


So for everyone out there who feels weak and tired and just wants to give up, hold on to the fact that our God is an AMAZING God. He knows what he's doing and NOTHING is impossible for Him. He will lift you up to fly on eagle's wings...





"They that hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint."


-Isaiah 40:31



Grace be with all of you.



Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment